Friday 2 January 2009

Gambian Muslims in Diaspora

I have approach a Gambian intellectual for an interview on Gambian Muslims welfare in diaspora. This doesn't mean i am neglecting Gambian Christians or Gambian animist. But the intention is to probe into certain activities that are covered with an Islamic cloth and others that go against all the tenet of Islam.
I hope that the learned brother will accord me the opportunity to conduct such a very important and pertinent topical interview with him. I will not disclose his/her identity until after the successful completion of the interview. Should in case he decline my approach, i have got confirmation from a learned Turkish scholar and researcher in Birmingham University and Markfield Institute who is willing to provide his opinions on my questions.
It should be fascinating read.

No comments: