Thursday 4 September 2008

A PRELUDE TO A SHORT ARTICLE I AM WRITING

A Poem.
The leaderless
I weep for Africa
I weep for me
Crying is not the solution
But it makes the pain burn out
All turning gives little hope
Hope is what makes men grow
But false hope only polishes draw backs
The lead and the leader
They can’t see eye to eye
When their eyes met
Hate is the overpowering sure signs
The killers and the jail men
The sycophants and the praise singers
The bribe takers and the foot soldiers
The ignorant masses and the sweet talkers
Are all in a deep hell-hole
Never ending deepening hole
No one to hang unto
The leaderless people
Your problems are out in the open
Cos the whole world knows about your woes
Woes of death
Of hardship
Of disease
Of HIV
Hunger and thirst
The never ending woes
No leader to respite the whole
I weep and cry, cos I do it for me and you
We are leaderless.

No comments: