Thursday 23 May 2013

The Voices of Gambian Queens In Raleigh






By Suntou Touray
When Me become too big and Us too small
When a call fell on deaf ears, but scrutiny became prevalent
When the nobleness of silence is raped
When plagues spread like wild fire
And the sorrows of the affected decline to affect the heart
When moving on and seeing a grand view
Of the African Sun became too inartistic
God's beauty lost in transition
Our beauty irrelevant
I love women, but hate their beauty
You tell me, "this is how it should be done"
But Cannot and did not do it yourself

When 'I' say, my rights, my hero, my scholar
My my my consume the heart
A cause is lost and the lost cause get blamed!!
Why?
"Who are you", British footy fans will sing
"Who are you?"
"Who are you?"
The African little tyrants, our many faceted tyrants
In the media, in social media
In politics and in government

Please, My Gambian, my African kings and queens
See the vastness of our beauty
Our beautiful  women, in their elegant ropes, and make ups
Attended our gathering, they spoke
Yell and preached
Didn't that touched your heart
The Beautiful faces
Of Smiles, And large Gambian smiles, together
Of Smiling Coast Smiles
Let Raleigh--North Carolina Conference Be
Petty me me's

No comments: