Tuesday 29 January 2008

RECONCILIATION LETTER TO EDITOR SANKAREH

Editor E Sangareh:
Allow me to express my part in the reconciliation process to highlight that , i never doubted your credibility as an editor. In fact , i have drum-up publicity for the Gambia Echo news paper to many of my friends and i have regularly posted your news items on different Gambian forums ,notable among them is the exchanges between brother Suwaibou and Mathew k Jallow.
In my part ,i agree that we should move on from the potential unhealthy exchanges, The Gambia is for us all. I did not receive any message sent to me from your end ,it may have been mistakenly sent some were but i accept your word for it. If I hard received any further information from your end ,i would not have choose to deliberately move the medium of debate to freedom news paper. The debate was taking place in your paper .I waited for two weeks before sending my reply to the Freedom newspaper.
I don't have the energy to engineer any media war. I respect you and hold you in high esteem ,you are an indefatigable journalist. The readership of the Gambia on line news papers must realise the cost and time involve in making a good news piece ,it is not easy at all. Coming from a finance and accountancy background ,i can sense the amount of overhead cost involve in maintaining a quality editorial and publications. I commend the whole band of editors out there. I will await the response from Uncle Samsideen ,we can carry the debate as health as should be. I never aim to smear your character.

Suntou Touray, UK

No comments: