Tuesday 8 July 2008

who is that man mum?

WHO IS THAT MAN MUM?

By Suntou Touray
This poem is dedicated to all children living away from their fathers due to divorce or separation. The children usually bear the brunt of the sad situation, some thing not of their making

The man we never talk about
His face is not familiar
His name is never mentioned
His voice, I don’t recognized
His looks a far away figure
The forgotten man

Who is that man mum?

What does he do?
Why is he never talked about?
What wrong must he has done?
I asked because I want know

Son!
Am sad .I feel betrayed. All the things I did for you, is that the way you wish to repay me?

Mum you are the best. My number one natural love. Without you am doomed.
But mum, with all the things you did for me, still I feel empty without a father figure
I want a Daddy. Is that a crime mum?
Mum sorry for asking, but this once tell me who that man is

Son, now that you want know, listen carefully. I speak but once about that man
He is no good, bad, evil, he broke my heart! He betrayed us. Don’t you realize son?
The only good he ever did was join make you. That is it. Listen to me, forget about that man.

Thanks mum, I hear you.
What you said is your version, now I even want to see that man more.
I want to ask him, why he left us?
Truth is about two sides

Think about what a dad can do with his son.
The football game, the ride in the park, the fishing trips,
The stern warnings, the fatherly figure, the fear of erring
Mum a daddy to me will make me grow up to be a man, full love and respect.
If daddy is faulty, forgive, for me. Mum.
Let me make up with my blood. Wherever he is, show me.
Then son that is his address. Find him. I gave you my blessing.

No comments: